Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Middle


We.

Both is us were full-time. My husband works in Manhattan and he’s an ultra creative. Srey. He’s in advertising and for years we thought that after we were married, we’d have a business card stating Mr and Mrs. Pen, Power Couple Extraordanaire. That may still be the case, but we’re definitely allowing for a few fumbles and maybe even some off-roading. He cares, not about my paycheck but my peace of mind and my ability to take risks. 

And then we were PREGNANT!

Srey and I have been planning this pregnancy for yeeeaarrrs. I mean it. We have been together for around 9 years and married for almost 3.

We went from planning on planning….., to planning……, to still planning.

I thought that in my thirties, this would be a more difficult process. As luck would have it and my husband’s firm belief in his efficiency, we were pregnant in a matter of months. After a few false starts. By that I mean, business trips and lack of motivation after long days of commuting and working. We could barely have dinner some nights, let alone, you know.

This is where my writing and mind are going to start processing and catching up. This was as far as I had gotten in my journaling.... if you will. This is where we might take a dip in tone.

Srey and I had started picking out baby names and, oh god, we had just announced the pregnancy at this point. I had planned on bringing everyone through the process. We were so happy. I had been shopping on Amazon, starting baby registries, Pinning the heck out of baby related articles on Pinterest. I was visiting my doctor regularly and everything was looking great, in fact, they stated more than great! My body was handling this pregnancy as well as someone ten years younger.

I was coming into my second trimester when I started to really feel wonderful. I was beaming. People had started offering me their seats on the subway.... and the baby's room. 

We named him Cooper.

I'll add a few pics here to help with the visuals and timeline.




No comments:

Post a Comment